Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Smokey Talks about Long Airplane Flights

When you buy your ticket to fly on the airplane, you need to check and see how many times you might have to change planes and how long the flight might take. My flight to Europe required flying to Houston, Texas, then to Newark, New Jersey and finally we flew all night and arrived in Barcelona the next day. Three different planes! It was 18 hours long.

It is very important to take lots of fun things to do on the plane because you are stuck and can not always get up and move around a lot. You can look out the window but after a while the beautiful clouds don't seem so great to a kid dog like me. On a long flight that goes across the ocean, there will be movies to watch and they give you earphones to plug into your ears because the person next to you may want to watch a different movie. Everyone has a little TV screen in front of them. Also on that screen are some games to play if you want to play.
They bring you drinks and snacks and that makes you have to get up and go to the bathroom .... which is very tiny. Because I flew overnight, I tried very hard to get some sleep. They brought me a pillow and blanket and that helped.
The crazy part was after we arrived in Spain, I had to find the train to get to my hotel. It took two different trains to get to a place to put my suitcase and lay down and rest. It was more fun after I had some rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elijah Scharpf

Traveling on that plane must have
been boring after a
while.